From: John J. Fioravanti, Jr. [mailto:fioresq1@...]
Subject: FW: off topic, sorry, VIPhone" group.
Date: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 7:36 AM
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sorry for the below post, I know it is off topic; however, any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks.

From: xxx@... <mailto:xxx@...>"

Reply to: orbit-reader@groups.io <mailto:orbit-reader@groups.io>

* my comments:

It doesn't matter the group, and it applies to googlegroups.com as well;
if the from and reply to fields do not match, Microsoft flags that as spam.

If you are using your Microsoft Account email address for any groups.io
or googlegroups.com email lists, this may indeed end up with them
locking your Microsoft account.

Microsoft sees these emails as spam, and it determines that you are
engaging in suspicious activity that violates their privacy agreement
because you are sending out spam...

I think this is monumentally stupid on Microsoft's part, but they are
being overly protective and do not seem to be able to determine that
these are really from the group.

If the group owners could do something to make sure the from and reply
to fields read the same, that would solve the issue.

In my experience, the emails that end up being treated this way are
mostly Gmail addresses, and so perhaps groups.io and googlegroups.com
cannot do anything to resolve this.

The moral of the story: Do not use your Microsoft Account email for any
email lists.

And remember, the world is depending more and more on "Artificial
Intelligence" to accomplish things.  I think "Artificial Intelligence"
is like Artificial Nails, they look like nails, but aren't.

Richard

“One can’t be angry when one looks at a penguin.” ~ John Ruskin

My web site; https://www.turner42.com/ <https://www.turner42.com/>

<http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/>
---
Groups "VIPhone" group.