Re: Is Research It really necessary?

epierce@...

As a sighted technician, I frequently find accessibility product functions baffling. It is a simple matter of experience and habit. If I was paid to learn access functions (beyond very basic stuff), I would. Otherwise there is no incentive. I don't have much patience for stuff I don't have to use.

---- Original message ----
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 17:21:23 -0400
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com (on behalf of Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com>)
Subject: Re: Is Research It really necessary?
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Comparing a sighted person's untrained capability / ability to do
anything with their ears would be like asking a 15-year-old to race
NASCAR! Of course they would fail miserably! We don't have what we
have because of biology; we have it because we've trained ourselves,
been coached by others, developed skills sighted people don't need
(but, of course, should have).