Sometimes I will notice on a web page that categories are at specific heading levels, like
heading level 2
So I can then keep pressing #2 until I find what I want.
#2 also works well with a giant page of Amazon.com results, and #3 works well for eBay results.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2022 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: Dialog of heading list: JAWS versus NVDA

Hi  Mark,

Most of the time, I don’t find headings lists that helpful on the web, just because there are usually not that many of them, and I can figure out any structural stuff fairly quickly by pressing H or 1, 2, 3 for levels. However, there are notable exceptions. I was recently on my Linked In profile and there tend to be a ton of headings there. Getting the list to see how many there were and get a sense of structure was useful. So there are times when it is useful. In Word docs that have headings, navigating with headings is by far the most efficient way to get around.

And by the way, I didn’t know your trick of pressing Alt plus the heading level. Very nice. Thanks for that. One thing I really like about these Groups.IO lists is all the stuff you learn totally by accident!

David