moderated Re: Dialog of heading list: JAWS versus NVDA

David Kingsbury

Hi,

I find the NVDA headings list time consuming and confusing because you first have to take the step of switching your elements list to headings (versus using the single Insert F6 keystroke with JAWS). It is then presented in a tree view and because of this you first hear level 0 for level 1 headings, level 1 for level 2 headings and so forth. You can of course get used to that, but I just don’t think it’s worth it. I use the headings list all the time in Word but not very often on the web, prefering instead to simply press H or 1, 2, 3, etc to move by level.

David