moderated Re: Dialog of heading list: JAWS versus NVDA

David Moore

The concept of addons, gives you what you want! You can install as many or as few as you want, giving you what you want! JAWS is so bloated, people don't use half of what is built in. JAWS comes with way too much out of the box! Using the numpad with the review cursor is so easy, and you just use the normal arrow keys to move the system focus! The review cursor is like the JAWS invisible cursor! Also, the Golden cursor add-on lets you do a lot with the mouse with key commands! It is good to have both, however! More tools is better! But, if you do not have the money for JAWS, NVDA is a great screen reader to count on to do most of what you need!

On Sat, Feb 5, 2022, 8:38 PM Mark <mweiler@...> wrote:
I think that NDVA's representation of the heading structures as a tree view reflects the nested structure of headings better than JAWS.  JAWS uses a tree view in the regions dialog.  Tree views also allow folding.  However, I just realized, that JAWS heading list dialog has access keys, like alt + 2 to filter just the heading levels 2 in the list box. That's kind of interesting. It makes it easy to just review a level of headings.  I can now see a case why the JAWS way is more user friendly.  Do others use the alt access keys in the heading list dialog to filter and I'm just late to the party?