Re: Karen -- Your Alternative Solution

Steve Matzura

You wanna talk about spending money on upgrades and seemingly not
getting what I thought I'd paid for? Let's go back to Office 97, shall
we? In fact, let's go back to Windows XP and the egregious upgrade
path that finally led us to Windows 7, after a trip through Vista
Hell. Let's talk about an upgrade fee, not a new product purchase fee,
but an upgrade fee which was five times the original cost of the
product when I bought it when I wanted to upgrade my FTP server to a
version I found out to be totally and completely inaccessible? JAWS is
not the only thing in the world where you pays yer money and you takes
yer chances.

Bash responsibly.

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 20:49:29 -0400, you wrote:

Dave Johnston, I did not do research on comparison on programs because I
didn't know it was expected of me. nor do I think it is my job. if anyone
wants to know the difference between programs they have computers and they
can check it out themselves. there have been several emails by different
folks complaining about problems with the jaws upgrades. I think it is sad
that blind people have spent their money on these upgrades for jaws and
disappointed with bad upgrades. in my mind if you purchase an upgrade it
should work and be an improved version. it should not be with problems and
be of lesser quality. it has just left me to scratch my head and wonder who
is stirring the ship. it is a free country and we are left to check out the
competition as to what else is out there good luck with your research, Karen