moderated Re: get current rate of speech?

Udo Egner-Walter

Hi Mark,

like Bill said: there's no such key but you can write your own script to get informed about the voice rate of the synthesizer in use.

<Code start>

Script SpeakVoiceRate ()

SayInteger (GetVoiceRate (VCTX_GLOBAL))

EndScript

<Code end>

The parameter in the GetVoiceRate () function is the cursor you want to get informed about. The constants are listed in the HJConst.jsh:

VCTX_GLOBAL = "Global"
VCTX_MESSAGE = "Message"
VCTX_KEYBOARD = "Keyboard"
VCTX_PCCURSOR = "PCCursor"
VCTX_JAWSCURSOR = "JAWSCursor"
VCTX_SAY_ALL = "SayAll"
VCTX_MENU_AND_DIALOG = "MenuAndDialog"

If you need more information about installing a script, let me know

Udo

Am 25.01.2022 um 06:24 schrieb Mark <mweiler@...>:

This seems like an question that would get asked a lot, but I haven't been able to find an answer. Is there a shortcut command to get your current rate of speech?