moderated Re: Question about adjusting the zoom using outlook with office 365.

Curtis Chong

Hello Albert:

Regarding Zoom in Outlook:

  1. When you have a message open and the screen is maximized (windows plus up arrow) you might also press alt q and search for the word zoom. Arrow down to zoom and see if your zoom is set to 100%. Note this is a setting which does not appear if you are looking at your list of emails in a folder. You have to be in an open message.
  2. Sometimes, for whatever reason, when you do open a message, you are not guaranteed that the screen is maximized. Press Windows with up arrow to ensure that it is. I myself have sounds associated with the maximize event so I know, nonvisually, when the screen was maximized after pressing this command.
  3. For complex email messages (this is not one of those) where the message resembles a web page, JAWS sometimes has trouble revealing everything that is contained in messages of this type. In such rare cases, I save the message as an HTML document and open it up in my native browser which, right now, happens to be the new Microsoft Edge. I do not use the “view in browser” function of Outlook because the rendering is not as good and readable as the approach suggested here.

Thanks.

Warm regards,

Curtis Chong