From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laura R
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2022 12:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: unable to get JAWS to read a different page than the one I'm on

Hi,

There's probably an obvious solution to this, but I'm not finding it!

Here's an example:

I'm on page 1 of a pdf.

I use CTRL+Shift+N to go to another page, for example, page 40.

The popup appears and I enter page 40 in it.

When I click Okay, I am taken to page 40.

However, when I hit INSERT+Down Arrow or the Down Arrow on page 40,

JAWS jumps back to page 1 and reads that instead.

This is happening in all pdf's and the page numbers above are an example. If I started on page 40 and wanted to go to page 80, JAWS would return to page 40.

How do I get JAWS to read the page I want?

--

Best regards,
Laura Roberts