moderated Re: File and folder size

Kevin Minor

Hi.

The file size won’t show up in details view if it was removed from one of the columns in the sort options.

To check to see if it’s checked, in a folder in File explorer, have nothing selected.

Hit either SHIFT+F10 or the applications key.

Find the sort option in the menu, and select it.

Now go down the list of what’s available to sort by, and see if size is there. If not, select the More option.

Now, hit TAB to get to the items that can be checked. First letter navigation works here, so either look for Size, which I think it is, or File Size if it’s not, and check it.

If you want to put it in another column than the last one, you can do this in the above dialogue.

Once done, TAB to OK, and press ENTER.

If all goes well, the size of items will be there.

Hope this is helpful.

Kevin and Jilly

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 10:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: File and folder size

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 12:27 PM, David Kingsbury wrote:

If you are having a problem with files in Details view, then I don’t know what is going on.

-

Nor do I.  File Size is presented in File Explorer using Details View in every version of Windows I'm familiar with up through Windows 11.  Folders do not have sizes presented because the folder itself doesn't have a size, strictly speaking, but the contents of the folder do.

Changing Your Folder View in File Explorer Using a Screen Reader

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.