moderated Re: Search functionality in Gmail standard view

MAYANK SHARMA

Hi Rahul,

I've tried replicating the jaws issue on Chrome and Edge with Jaws 20. I'm consistently finding the search edit  below the heading. Have you come across that with any other screen reader, in case you've tried it? Do check if your Chrome is up to date.
There's a shortcut to open search edit box using the'/'  key when in focus mode just in case, please do check if that works.

Kind regards

Mayank

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 1:43 PM Rahul Bajaj <rahul.bajaj1038@...> wrote:
Hi,

I use Gmail standard view with jaws in edge and chrome. The problem I am facing is that it often says that the search mail/all conversations functionality is unavailable. I am referring to the first option under the 'search' heading. I am forced  to then switch to basic HTML view. Are there ways to consistently use the search function in Gmail standard view?

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Senior Resident Fellow,
Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, New Delhi, India
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford