moderated Re: My Nerdy Approach to Creating and Managing Favorites

tom x <ballistic719@...>

Thanks for the explanation Bill.

Cheers

Tom

On 16/01/2022 4:57 pm, Bill White wrote:

Hi, Tom. The reason this does not work with browser shortcuts is that they are not executable in and of themselves. They only become executable when acted upon by the default browser. In order to make these shortcuts work, you must give a path to the executable file that opens the browser. If your browser is Edge, for example, and you don't want the shortcut to open in the default browser, but want it to open in Chrome, for example, you might do it this way,

Make a shortcut to the browser you want to open the link following the shortcut, as in,

"C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" https://www.youtube.com/

If this is in the target of the shortcut, and you paste this into the Send To menu, it will open YouTube using Google Chrome, even if that browser is not your default browser.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...