moderated Re: Excel for dummies help

Howard Traxler

The real editing keys should work: left, right, home, end, etc. I've had your same problem sometimes; my solution has been to reload my screen reader.  Beyond that, I'm afraid I can't help.  Sorry.

Howard

On 1/15/2022 8:19 PM, Morey Worthington wrote:
Hi howard.

I opened the cell using the f2 key and again it says edit.

Using the left or right arrow keys does nothing.

 If i press the home key, then press the number 5 key it says the first letter but if I press the number 6 key to go to next letter....nothing.

Any other thoughts.

A while back there was a tip about going into options, into advanced andturn off allow editing in cells which I did do.

Should I then go back into settings and make it allow changes?

HTH