moderated Re: My Nerdy Approach to Creating and Managing Favorites
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi, Tom. As Curtis says, you can copy the URL to the clipboard and use the Run command, or you can do what I do.
1. Arrow to the Internet shortcut, but do not press ENTER.
2. Press ALT plus ENTER for Properties.
3. Once Properties opens for the shortcut, the URL is the first thing you will see. Copy this to the clipboard.
4. Open the browser you want to use to get to the URL.
5. Press CONTROL plus L to open the Address Bar.
6. Paste the URL from the clipboard into the Address Bar, and press ENTER.
Now the URL will open in whichever browser you opened.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of tom x
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: My Nerdy Approach to Creating and Managing Favorites
Interesting way for handling favorites.
However, pressing enter on the shortcut would always load that particular url into the same default browser. Is there a way, apart from using the shift F10 "sent to" command, of chooseing which browser into which to load the url at that time?
i.e. Sometimes a site may work better using Firefox rather than Edge while another may function better in another browser altogether.
On 13/01/2022 2:24 am, Curtis Chong wrote: