moderated Re: shortcut to web site on desktop

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 10:11 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:
No need to do all that, see my earlier post, which is simpler, just for websites.
-
I agree, but what you outlined is "Option 2" in the article I linked to.  It is the most sensible, and completely browser agnostic, way to create a desktop shortcut to a website.  And using that method ensures that it will open using whatever you have defined as the default web browser on your machine (regardless of Windows version).