moderated Re: shortcut to web site on desktop

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 01:59 AM, Bill White wrote:

The source you referenced only deals with Windows 10.

-
Because that's what I wrote it for.  The original material dates from Window 7.  Certain procedures have not changed in a very long time, and I'm not rewriting every tutorial when I expect that if I refer to it that should indicate it will work in a given Windows version whether that's what it was explicitly written for or not.

I'll also add that anything that finally gets people OFF of Windows 7 at this point should be encouraged.  It is out-of-support and poses a danger to cyberspace in general, not just the user, as it is a platform that is becoming more and more compromised by the day as new vulnerabilities are discovered that will never be patched.