moderated Re: Navigating to wi-fi to connect 1st time.

Mike B.

You need to tell your system from Taskbar properties to display the Network icon in the system tray.  Try this:
1. From the desktop press, Windows key + T, to open the Taskbar, and press, Alt + Enter, to open the Taskbar properties.

2. Tab to Notification area customize button, and press enter.

3. Tab to, Network..., and up arrow to, show icon in notifications.

4. Tab to, Okay, press the spacebar and again tab to, Okay, and press enter to save / close.

You can also go to the control panel /             Network and sharing..., and press enter.  I can't give you steps from here since I'm connected  via ethernet, but try pressing enter on the, connect or disconnect link, or find the Wifi option and press enter on it.  Sorry but this is the best I can do at the moment.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 9:03 PM
Subject: Re: Navigating to wi-fi to connect 1st time.

Yes, the sytem tray is where Insert with F11 took me, but I didn’t find an icon for internet connection.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore

On Jan 12, 2022, at 8:55 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

I haven't used Windows 7 since 2015, but I do seem to remember that WiFi (or maybe they called it Internet) was one of the icons that appeared in the system tray and I do know that this is what I activated to bring up the list of available connections back then, and use that method under Windows 10.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.