moderated Re: My Nerdy Approach to Creating and Managing Favorites

Van Lant, Robin

Curtis – right there with you on doing this at work.  AT home I have Leasy installed and the only thing I have learned to do with it at this point is to allow it to put favorite in my traditional IE Favorites folder.   😊

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 9:24 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: My Nerdy Approach to Creating and Managing Favorites

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

Greetings everyone:

I thought it might be helpful to the group if I passed along a solution for managing website favorites which works across all of the Windows browsers I have worked with over the years: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.

First, I created a folder within My Documents called Favorites. There is nothing magical about the name of the folder. You can call it anything you like. This is where you would store any Favorite that you create.

Second, using Edge or any other browser, go to the web page for which you would like to create a favorite or shortcut. Press ALT+D or CTRL+L (it really doesn't matter) to move the focus to the address bar. Since the URL contained in the address bar is already highlighted (selected), press CTRL+C to copy the URL to the Windows Clipboard.

With File Explorer, open the Favorites folder you have created. Press CTRL+SPACE a couple of times to ensure that nothing is selected. JAWS should tell you when the line item is not selected.

Now, press Shift+F10 to open up a context menu and up arrow to New. Press right arrow to open the submenu and press down arrow to Shortcut. Press Enter.

Paste the URL you copied earlier into the edit field and tab once to type a name for the Shortcut. Then, press Enter.

That's all there is to it. Any time you want to manage or go to a favorite, use File Explorer first to locate the favorite and then press Enter to activate it.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

KeyCorp Public

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.