moderated Re: utube app for windows

JM Casey

The OP did not ask for a downloader. That is a very different thing from a youtube app. The request did not go into detail but it sounded like what they wanted was an equivalent to the google youtube app for smartphones, but for pC instead. As such, there are at least browser extensions -- i keep getting offers to install in chrome. I'm sure if they wanted some programme that attempted to download youtube videos to make local copies 9something which youtube is trying to prevent), they would have specified so.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: January 10, 2022 05:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: utube app for windows

au contraire!

as mentioned, there is Pontes Media Downloader which doesn't seem to download videos as quickly as it once did, but there also is TCA Media
Downloader:
https://tecnoconocimientoaccesible.blogspot.com/2021/12/tca-mediadownloader-24-mejorado-ahora.html

there are links beyond the end of the description to download a tutorial done in Spanish, there's no English version), the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the program, and libraries for Linux.

once downloaded and unzipped, and after running it, the first thing to do is shift+tab to and space bar on the Menú Button, down arrow to and spacebar on Opciones.
you will be on the General tab, tab to Seleccione un idioma para la
aplicación: Combo box, and down arrow to Inglés. tab to and spacebar on the Aceptar Button.
you will then be faced with a statement "Se cambio el idioma y la aplicación tiene que reiniciarse (Changed the language and the application has to be restarted.).", in which you will press spacebar on the Aceptar Button again.

some of the following changes you will run in to might still be in Spanish as the developer has not gotten around to translating them into English, but most of it will be in English once you set the language to Inglés.
have fun exploring.