moderated Re: carousel link?

Stan,

This is one of those, "search me," things.  I suspect you have tripped over a very recent development in web coding, as new objects are constantly coming into existence, and this is how same is exposed to the screen reader.

I really can't say that there is anything clear about why that is, or what, precisely that means.  This appears to be it, though:  https://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/bootstrap_carousel.asp