moderated Re: Looking for a Batch File Converter

On Sun, Jan 9, 2022 at 05:25 PM, Michael Hunsaker wrote:
pandoc. It is a command line tool, but works extremely well for most tasks I need.
-
The command line is, sadly, not used nearly as often as it once was, and for bulk/batch operations, it's often much easier to do it that way.  You can pipe the output from one command listing the files you want to convert to the converter and away it goes.  No typing involved.

I got into the world of computing in the early 1980s, which is several eons ago in the computer world.  One of the quotations that went into my quotes file in the developing days of the GUI, and that I still believe, is:

A GUI is to a command-line as a TV is to a book.

         ~ Scott Hess

There is insane power and ease with command line interfaces that simply have never been replicated in GUIs.  You just have to learn "all the tricks," and that has not been happening for quite a few years now, in general.