moderated Re: Looking for a Batch File Converter

Marten Post Uiterweer

Hi Brian,

The balabolka text program is a console version of Balabolka and can
exactly do what you want.
It can convert different formats to text and also in a batch.

The Balabolka program with the gui you are talking about is indeed a
program that can create audio-versions of texts.

Kind regards, Marten

On Sat, 08 Jan 2022 15:37:02 -0800 "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 04:50 PM, Marten Post Uiterweer wrote:

What do you want to convert
-
Original messsage, which started this topic and was several before my reply: #94916 ( https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/message/94916 )

Balabolka ( http://balabolka.site/balabolka.htm ) is not my "go to" program for this sort of conversion, even though it can do it.  I think of it more when I want text to audio.  But it's certainly a fine tool if you use that feature set.

*Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.*

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States ( https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html ) , September 23, 2019