moderated Re: Looking for a Batch File Converter

Marten Post Uiterweer

David,

What do you want to convert, I cannot see your message under Brians
message here, so am not sure what you want.
To convert epub and Word documents to text?

You can dop this with Balabolka
There is also a console version called Balabolka text and I am using
this tool to convert Word documents or pdf files to text, but epub is
also supported.,
I hgave created a batchfile myself to convert things in a batch, so if
you want this tool, let me know.

If you want to download Balabolka yourself:
http://www.cross-plus-a.com/balabolka.htm

Kind regards, Marten

On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 19:14:26 +0000 "David Griffith" <daj.griffith@...> wrote:

I have just tried it and although it is not perfect  in screenreader interaction I nevertheless have just succeeded in converting a load of ePub chapters and word documents into text files. So it is usable at least with a screenreader, and may become very useful as I get more used to using it
The main adjustment is that you have to tab into and out of  and then back into the combo boxes with NVDA if you want to hear any change you have set in the conversion format.
I also ended up converting a lot more documents than I intended as the folder selection process will take some getting used to.
Despite all this it worked so thanks for pointing me to the tool.

David Griffith

..

Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows