moderated Re: Putting computer to sleep

crayton Benner <craybay3198@...>

It shouldn’t be. Possibly a windows problem then perhaps?

On Jan 8, 2022, at 10:46, Afik Souffir <afik.souffir@...> wrote:

Hi,
I don't see why it's should be related to Jaws.

Regards,
Afik Souffir
+972505782208
See from the heart

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Filpus
Sent: Saturday, January 8, 2022 5:34 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Putting computer to sleep

Hello Listers,

With JAWS version 2022.21124, my computer won’t automatically go to sleep when I haven’t accessed it within the Windows 10 and JAWS sleep intervals (I have both set for 10 minutes). This sleep mode worked in JAWS 2021 and previous versions.

To avoid confusion, I’m not referring to manually going to the Settings menu and putting JAWS to sleep for certain applications, such as Open Book, which has its own speech feature. I’m talking about the sleep that comes up when you bring up the commands to either sleep, shutdown, restart, etc.

How can I set JAWS 2022 to make my computer automatically go to sleep like
Version 2021 and previous ones do?

Paul Filpus