moderated Re: Connecting windows10 laptop to TV

kevin meyers

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2021 3:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Connecting windows10 laptop to TV

If your laptop and TV have HDMI connectors available (very common on recently manufactured equipment) this is easy, get the right cable and hook it up. It will, however, require some fiddling in the display settings in order for the TV to actually be used as a display.

On 12/26/21, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello,

I'm not sure if I can ask this question here. Thought I would try. If
I should look elsewhere just let me know.

My mother is very hard of hearing and it has become very difficult to
talk with her. Especially when wearing a mask. We have to wear a mask
has she has multiple health conditions and we want to limit the
chances of her catching covid or any virus.

With her age and having dementia learning sign language will not work.

I'm using the most recent versions of windows and Jaws2022.

Do you know if there is a way to hook up a windows10 laptop to a TV
and being able to type messages that will display? She cannot use her
Iphone or Mac laptop any more as she doesn't know how.

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

--
Soronel Haetir