moderated Re: Connecting windows10 laptop to TV

David Diamond

On your computer or laptop, after going into display settings, you could have it project to a second device, meaning your TV, or both devices, computer and TV. Also some TVs have a VGA input to run your computer through the TV. This is more common I think then the HDMI input. My HDTV has both inputs and is already outdated because of 4k Technology.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
Sent: December 26, 2021 1:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Connecting windows10 laptop to TV

If your laptop and TV have HDMI connectors available (very common on recently manufactured equipment) this is easy, get the right cable and hook it up. It will, however, require some fiddling in the display settings in order for the TV to actually be used as a display.

On 12/26/21, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello,

I'm not sure if I can ask this question here. Thought I would try. If
I should look elsewhere just let me know.

My mother is very hard of hearing and it has become very difficult to
talk with her. Especially when wearing a mask. We have to wear a mask
has she has multiple health conditions and we want to limit the
chances of her catching covid or any virus.

With her age and having dementia learning sign language will not work.

I'm using the most recent versions of windows and Jaws2022.

Do you know if there is a way to hook up a windows10 laptop to a TV
and being able to type messages that will display? She cannot use her
Iphone or Mac laptop any more as she doesn't know how.

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

--
Soronel Haetir