moderated Re: Connecting windows10 laptop to TV

Soronel Haetir

If your laptop and TV have HDMI connectors available (very common on
recently manufactured equipment) this is easy, get the right cable and
hook it up. It will, however, require some fiddling in the display
settings in order for the TV to actually be used as a display.

On 12/26/21, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello,

I'm not sure if I can ask this question here. Thought I would try. If I
should look elsewhere just let me know.

My mother is very hard of hearing and it has become very difficult to talk
with her. Especially when wearing a mask. We have to wear a mask has she
has
multiple health conditions and we want to limit the chances of her catching
covid or any virus.

With her age and having dementia learning sign language will not work.

I'm using the most recent versions of windows and Jaws2022.

Do you know if there is a way to hook up a windows10 laptop to a TV and
being able to type messages that will display? She cannot use her Iphone or
Mac laptop any more as she doesn't know how.

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

--
Soronel Haetir