Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 18:50:15 -0700
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com (on behalf of "Richard B McDonald" <richardbmcdonald@gmail.com>)
Subject: RE: 64 v. 32 Bit Computers for Peachtree Accounting
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Hi!

just to chime-in here, there is no requirement for a 64-bit system for a smooth operation of Peachtree Complete Accounting. In fact, the vast majority of testing has been on 32-bit systems.

That said, as noted below, 64-bit is far faster. One ought to note that even now the most resource intensive applications come in 64-bit versions e.g., (Windows 7, JAWS, Internet Explorer). Whenever possible, I always go for the 64-bit version.

RAM, is, however, the key ingredient for everything; is it not? Indeed, I believe Microsoft itself strongly recommends at least six gigabytes of RAM just to satisfy Windows 7's needs.

Anyway, Peachtree works great on a 32-bit machine; but if a user has less than six gigabytes of RAM it will be slow.