moderated Re: Help with some sort of permissions dialogue

JM Casey

Did the sighted person tell you what programme was triggering the dialogue box? I see no indication from your message that it necessarily has anything to do with JAWS, though why it’s not speaking the prompt, I don’t know. It sounds like your standard User Account Control dialogue box, though. This is a useful thing in Windows and I wouldn’t turn it off, personally, though keeping it at 33% is fine for me. How many times did you reboot the system/did the dialogue appear?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of blind kisses
Sent: December 21, 2021 01:01 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Help with some sort of permissions dialogue

Hello everybody I hope you can help me, and of course I hope everybody is well.

I am running the latest version of jaws  on a Windows 10 computer.

I haven’t used jaws in a while so please bear with me, I may need step-by-step instructions.

 I went into the basics menu and I clicked on jaws start up, I think that’s what it was called. Then I checked the boxes for logging on at the login screen, and the check box for logon after login ,and I set the combo box to always. I click okay but when I restart my computer I hear jaws speaking at the logon screen, I type in my password,  and I am taken to my desktop, at this point there is no speech, then my desktop disappears, and a dialogue box appears saying that this program wants to make changes to your computer et cetera et cetera et cetera or at least something to that effect. there is a yes button and no button and a cancel button ,I click alt why because I’ve been told what’s on the screen by a sighted person  and then it goes to my desktop and jaws start sspeaking.  how can I get rid of this dialogue box appearing?

Regards zoe

God the father chose her
God the sun dwelt in her
God the spirit overshadowed her
Most holy mother of God save us through your intercessions

Let’s have fun and cook together on zoe‘s blind kitchen corner.

My YouTube channel

Whose Blind Life is it Anyway

A Blind Life Perspective Network

whoseblindlifeisitanyway@...

Check me out on:

YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitYNFcgyHbbf8yLA04M13A

Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/Whose.Blind.Life.is.it.Anyway

Twitter

@FiogkosZoe

Love Isn't butterflies in your stomach, love is the heart beat you feel when he's late