moderated Re: Merry Christmas

Michael Mote

Thank you Mr. Bah Humbug. Merry Christmas everyone! Happy New Year too!

On 12/20/21, Gerald Levy via groups.io
<bwaylimited@...> wrote:

Enough already.  This is supposed to be a list for discussing JAWS
issue, not a general chit chat forum for spreading Christmas cheer,
which, in any case, is totally off-topic and might be offensive to
non-Christians,of whom there are probably more than a few on this list.

Gerald

On 12/19/2021 11:44 PM, Don Walls wrote:
I have to say I'm a Christian, an Anglican priest, and I don't feel
the need to proselytize at Christmas.  Many persons wish others a
Merry Christmas, and it's just a friendly greeting of the season.
Christmas, apart from religious significance for some of us, is a time
of special time with family or friends, a time apart from normal
routines when people can relax and take time they might not normally
do, to enjoy loved ones and special treats.

So, merry Christmas to all!  May each of us find a break from COVID
grimness!

Don

-----Original Message----- From: Kelly Pierce
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2021 6:59 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Merry Christmas

Nothing pisses me off more than when someone’s religion is
disrespected. Many Christians need to proselytize to practice their
faith. It is not unusual for deeply Christian people to offer
strangers cheer and fellowship near the holiest of days. That is part
of their religious practice.

Kelly

On 12/18/21, Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:
Merry Christmas.