moderated Re: JAWS did something strange at installation

JM Casey

I feel like I have seen stuff like this before.

Though it makes more sense to use a temporary folder and not the documents folder inside a person’s user profile, I feel like it’s likely JAWS install would normally delete this folder. But perhaps something happened on instalation to abort the process so the folder stayed there.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: December 18, 2021 07:45 PM
To: JFW Mailing List <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: JAWS did something strange at installation

A friend of mine just pointed out that the latest version of the JAWS installer (J2022.2112.24.400-any.exe) did something strange after running it. Once JAWS 2022 was updated, it put a folder in Documents called Downloaded Installation Files. Inside that folder was a folder beginning with {, and some numbers, ending in a }. Inside that folder is an installation file for the Sentinel System driver. Does anyone know why this folder was put inside the Documents folder? JAWS runs fine without it, probably because it was already run at the installation of JAWS 2022 update.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...