moderated Re: Office 365 question

Van Lant, Robin

Madison,
I wonder, and this is pure speculation, if what the original suggestion was referencing to do is to be sure that the email you are logging into Office 365 with is also the one you are using as the outlook email address. For example, if I need to log into the Microsoft store, I am using a particular email address. In my case, it's an old MNS email account that has been converted to Outlook com, but is still my primary email account. That is, I can check this email via outlook.live.com and it's also my Microsoft store login. The MSN account I'm using to write this message is a secondary account and it not one I would use for an office subscription. When your dad set you as a user on the family plan, I presume he entered some sort of email or such that connects you to the family account. If I were to buy an Office 365 subscription, I'd be using one of my MSN email addresses as my login credentials. I'm really not sure what that would matter, but it's a guess.

I can't recall if you'd talked to Microsoft Accessibility yet on this to see if they can help you figure it out.

Robin

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2021 2:06 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Office 365 question

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

Configure it to point to one or more of my accounts

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: December 17, 2021 2:52 PM

How do you do what? If you already have these added to Outlook on your computer, I don't see the problem.

Curtis

Sent: Friday, December 17, 2021 1:52 PM

How do I do that? I already have all 3 of them added to Outlook.

Sent: December 17, 2021 2:49 PM

Greetings:

There is no need to worry about Microsoft Exchange accounts. IMAP is the very best protocol to use, and that is what you said you already have.

Once you install the Outlook program from Office 365 on to a computer, you can configure it to point to any one or all of the three accounts.

Curtis

Sent: Friday, December 17, 2021 1:46 PM

Okay, how do I check this? What's the difference between a Microsofft Exchange account and IMAP (which is what I believe all 3 of my accounts are now)?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: December 17, 2021 2:43 PM

Hi, Madison. Outlook.com accounts are free, but you need to make sure that your Outlook.com account is set up correctly through Office 365. It may need to be set up as a Microsoft Exchange account.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2021 12:40 PM

One is through my ISP, one is through gmail and the other is through Outlook.com, how do I find out how to pay for these? I don't care about my gmail account, but if paying for my Outlook.com account would solve the problem then that would be grate!!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: December 17, 2021 2:36 PM

Hi, Madison. Those accounts would need to be payed for separately from Office 365. Email accounts are usually paid for when you buy your Internet service.
If
your email account is through a company other than your Internet provider, you would need to inquire if those accounts are free accounts like gmail, or if you need to pay for them. If they need to be payed for, you would need to find out how to pay for them.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2021 12:32 PM

So, what does this mean for the 3 email accounts that I access using Outlook?

Sent: December 17, 2021 2:30 PM

Greetings:

Outlook is definitely included with Office 365. And by Outlook, I mean the program that you run on the computer, not an Outlook email account.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

Sent: Friday, December 17, 2021 1:29 PM
Subject: Office 365 question

Hi all,
Does anyone know if there's a way for me to find out if my email accounts are included when my dad pays for Office 365? I'm asking because when I was asking about my Outlook.com account issue someone asked if I have a subscription to Office 365 or if I'm using a free Outlook.com account; if I'm using a free account then subscribing might solve my issue so I'd really like to be able to find out. Really hope someone can help me!! Using latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

KeyCorp Public

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.