From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cynthia Bruce
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2021 5:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: a couple of JAWS and zoom questions

Hello All,

I have noticed a couple of changes in what JAWS is speaking when in zoom – I wonder if anyone has found a solution? I am using the most up to date version of zoom, the current JAWS 2021 (haven’t upgraded yet), and windows 10 on my Dell XPS laptop.

  1. Recently, when I go into the participant list in a meeting, JAWS reads something like  “To move to an item press the arrow keys” before saying the participant name. It is incredibly annoying, and it just keeps saying that as I arrow through the list.
  2. It has also stopped letting me know when someone has entered the waiting room or raised their hand. If I have navigated away from the zoom meeting and am in, for example, Outlook, it will tell me someone has been put in the waiting room. If I am in the meeting, it tells me nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cynthia