moderated Re: System Mechanic

If you are within a return window and can get the cost refunded, that's precisely what I'd do.

As someone who is a PC tech for part of my living, I have a strong dislike for this particular software.  And it's not because it stops me from getting business, but because it not infrequently screws things up for those who use it.  It's on the "uninstall immediately" list when I see it on a computer if the owner consents, and it's on a lot of techs' uninstall immediately lists.

The choice, of course, is yours.