moderated Re: Word 365 Quick Access

Curtis Chong

Hello Mark:

I see. You are using the virtual ribbon with JAWS and I am not. Therein lies the difference<smile>.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Arnold ABG
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2021 10:02 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Word 365 Quick Access

Thanks Curtis for the advice.  FYI, when I activate the Quick Access Tool Bar, here are my options: Auto Save Button, Save Button, Type to Search, The Email Account I am signed in, My Benefits Button and Coming SoonButton.  Only other thing I can think of that might make a difference is that I am using the virtual ribbon option with JAWS.

Thanks again to the List for assistance,

Mark

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2021 11:44 AM

Hello Mark:

This makes sense, but I am at a loss to understand why Envelopes is not showing up in your Quick Access Toolbar. It certainly shows up on mine. Is it possible you have tons of items in the Quick Access Tolbar? If this was happening to me, I’d contact Microsoft Disability Answer Desk.

Curtis

Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2021 9:42 AM

Curtis,

Thanks for the reply.  Here is what I have found…  The Envelopes option does not appear on the Quick Access Tool Bar.  When I arrow up after hitting the Alt Key, I can arrow right and left with no Envelope option.  If I arrow to the search option on the Quick Access Tool Bar and type Envelope, I can find it and hit enter to activate.  My hope was that the Envelope Option would appear independently.  I hope that all made sense…

Mark

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2021 11:12 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io; jfw@groups.io

Greetings:

The unavailable indication means that Envelopes is already in your Quick Access Toolbar. Press Alt, then up arrow. You are now in the Quick Access Toolbar. Start arrowing left or right to see what’s there.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 8:27 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Word 365 Quick Access

Group,

I want to add the Envelope Dialog to the Quick Access Bar.  I found the Envelope Dialog via the ribbon and located the Envelope Dialog.  I activated the context menu and added it to the Quick Access Bar.  Funny thing, JAWS does not read it as an option.  I rechecked my steps and the option to add Envelopes to the Quick Access Bar now states “unavailable.  Hope that all made sense…  I should add I am running Windows 11 with the latest build of JAWS.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Mark

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.