From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of paul lemm via groups.io
Sent: 09 December 2021 22:40
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Bypassing certain keys in a specific application?

Hi,

I play various audio games myself and have seen the arrow key issue come up various times for Jaws users, where you can't use the arrow keys whilst Jaws is running. One work around solution if you need to keep jaws running but want access to the arrow keys is to create a special Jaws keyboard manager file for that program, which allows you to set certain keys to be passed through by Jaws but only whilst using that particular game/program. If you've played either 'Manamon' or 'a hero's call' both games used the keyboard manager solution to allow jaws users to play the game whilst running jaws and give access to the arrow keys. it’s a fairly simple procedure, in the 'A Hero's call' topic page on audio games.net in post 1076 the user gives a link to a custom JKM file to get a hero's call working with jaws and instructions on how to use it. You can open the file with notepad to alter which keys are passed through if you want, the name of the file tells jaws which program to use the keyboard manager file with. So the file from the audiogames.net topic is called 'a hero's call', but you could change the name of the file to another game or program to get it to work with that. I've probably made it sound much more complex than it is, really its just a couple of minute job if that. if you decide to use this method and have any questions just let me know and I'll be happy to help or answer questions if I can.

Paul