moderated Re: Bypassing certain keys in a specific application?

Adrian Spratt

This is a really good idea. I don't believe JAWS has this capacity. Others will correct me if I'm wrong. But if not, you might suggest that Vispero create a new layered toggle keystroke (JAWS key-spacebar followed by a designated letter) to enable pass-through until it's turned off.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Malone
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 10:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Bypassing certain keys in a specific application?

Ah, I realise I didn't explain myself properly, though thanks for the help regardless (I did know about jaws key 3)!
Is there a way to either pass certain keys but not others to the application, or is there a way to enable some sort of pass through mode, if you will? Basically so I don't have to press insert 3 etc every time. It's a super niche case I'm making here possibly, the specific use case here is when playing certain games which require the arrow keys. Most of the time this question comes up the stock answer people usually give is to just use NVDA, but I'm more curious if such a thing can be done with JFW

On 12/9/21, Steve Nutt <steve@...> wrote:
Yep, press JAWS Key and 3, then type in the key. It will be passed to
the application.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services