moderated Re: Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021, even though I installed the latest Jaws 2022.

Steve Nutt

It sounds like you have that keystroke Control Alt J set up for JAWS 2021.

JAWS doesn’t set that keystroke up by default, so you  must have done it.

Go into the properties of your JAWS 2021 icon, go to the Shortcut tab and check that the keystroke is Control Alt J. If it is, press delete on it, then that keystroke will be undefined.

Now pop in the JAWS 2022 properties and define that key in the Shortcut tab. Now when you press Control Alt J, 2022 will open.

You can also go to the Run menu, Windows and R, and type without the quotes “jaws2022” and press enter, and that version of JAWS will be loaded.

All the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: 08 December 2021 13:15
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021, even though I installed the latest Jaws 2022.

Good morning everyone, 

Around a week or so ago, I installed Jaws 2022 and am having a real problem that I don’t know how too remedy.    It seems that whenever I press the insert F4 command too turn off the Jaws speech and then resume Jaws speech with control plus alt plus J,  Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021.  I know this, because when I go too where it says jaws home manual and do the alt plus a key and check where it says about key, it says that Jaws 2021, and not Jaws 2022 instead.  I did call Jaws tech support where we performed a uninstall  of Jaws 2021 and did a complete reinstall of Jaws2022, but this problem still exists.  I’ve also ran a Jaws repair about three times,  but with no resolution.

I’m worried that if I  call tech support back with this ongoing issue, I don’t want them too think that I’m  some kind of nut job. 

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.