moderated Re: Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021, even though I installed the latest Jaws 2022.

Jeff Christiansen

Are you certain the shortcut on your desktop is set for JFW 2022 correctly?

From the desktop find JAWS 2022, now use, Alt+Enter

Tab through the dialog setting the shortcut key to Alt+Control+J

If JAWS 2021 is still set to, Alt+Control+J, the above won’t work until you change 2021 or use a different combination for JAWS 2022.

HTH

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 6:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021, even though I installed the latest Jaws 2022.

Good morning everyone,

Around a week or so ago, I installed Jaws 2022 and am having a real problem that I don’t know how too remedy.    It seems that whenever I press the insert F4 command too turn off the Jaws speech and then resume Jaws speech with control plus alt plus J,  Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021.  I know this, because when I go too where it says jaws home manual and do the alt plus a key and check where it says about key, it says that Jaws 2021, and not Jaws 2022 instead.  I did call Jaws tech support where we performed a uninstall  of Jaws 2021 and did a complete reinstall of Jaws2022, but this problem still exists.  I’ve also ran a Jaws repair about three times,  but with no resolution.

I’m worried that if I  call tech support back with this ongoing issue, I don’t want them too think that I’m  some kind of nut job.