moderated Re: Jaws and Win 10 problem

Hi,

As for the question of “was it fixed”, Microsoft and Vispero says it is fixed but I’d put some salt into it just in case it shows up again (the issue was traced to Microsoft Installer component).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 8:55 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and Win 10 problem

Joseph,

Thanks.  I hadn't even thought of that.  But since a workaround was given it was the "did it get fixed?" part of the original quesiton that threw me.  The only messages about this that I did see included the fix.

I also didn't see this announcement as saying that Windows Update did anything, specifically, to JAWS files but that there was an issue with JAWS files "playing well" with Windows after the update.

It was also one of those things where only some people experienced the issue, and those who did would know it, and those who didn't need not pay any attention.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.