moderated Re: moving files from a folder

Glenn / Lenny

Good way to lose files.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2021 9:24 AM
Subject: Re: moving files from a folder

On Sun, Dec 5, 2021 at 09:50 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
Cut and past should only be done for moving text in my opinion.
-
One that very few share.

A cut and paste acts just as a copy and paste with a delete afterward does.  But it saves you the step of having to delete afterwards.  If something goes wrong during the process the files not yet pasted stay precisely where they are.  If you cut files and then do nothing, they stay right where they are as well.  Cut files are not placed on the clipboard in the same manner cut text is.  They don't end up actually being cut from where they are currently resident until a paste command is issued where you want them placed.

I'm not a fan of the Move command myself as, for whatever reason, it seems more tedious to deal with and slower to complete.  But if I intend to move something it's always going to be via cut and paste if using File Explorer because it works and it saves additional and unnecessary steps.

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.