Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:43:48 -0700
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com (on behalf of "Farfar Back to the Salt Mines" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>)
Subject: Re: No, Thanks -- Live, Free Telephone Helpfor setting-up Peachtree Complete Accounting
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Oh, I just finished reading your post, having only commented on your first
couple sentences. No, I'm not in a position to change my laptop over to a
64-bit operating system, since it belongs to my employer. So again I'm not
in any hurry to try the experiment again.

Sorry for the hasty response.

Dave Carlson

Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 07:00:52 -0700
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com (on behalf of "Farfar Back to the Salt
Mines" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>)
Complete Accounting
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
... I see that I'll not be installing this application any time soon for
this one comment you made:

"We have also revised the Guide to be a bit more specific about system
requirements; in particular, lots of RAM. Personally, my laptop has eighth
gigabytes of RAM. We recommend that amount. I have observed that, with
six
or less gigabytes of RAM, the system bogs-down. This is a natural result
of
the demands on any system put upon it by running both Peachtree and JAWS.
That is heavy. My own experience on my laptop is that it operates plenty
fast, and has never crashed. But, again, a smokin' computer is a
prerequisite."

*** end of clip ***

Then you are saying that this application requires a 64-bit smokin'
operating system to use. I must have missed that somewhere, or if it's not
specifically stated anywhere -- it certainly should be. Not everyone has
this, nor the 8G of RAM. MY order for a Cray computer has still not been
approved by my company.

It does explain why it brought my mere Windows 7 32-bit quad core 4G RAM
system to its knees yesterday