moderated Re: moving files from a folder

Bill White

Hi, Kevin. I never copy, move or delete files or folders using the Windows File Explorer tree view. Instead, I actually open the folder from either the OS drive or whatever drive the files or folders are on. This makes it simple, because I don't need to deal with the "closed" folders. If I go into a folder, I know which folder has focus, and the folder, and only that folder, has focus. Then, when I move or copy the files or folders, I know exactly where they will go. If you would like help with this, I can call you tomorrow, and walk you through the process I use.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Sunday, December 5, 2021 7:06 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: moving files from a folder

Hi Bill, I will try that method. When I did do a copy through windows10 the file would then be in the two folders. I would then delete it from the folder I copied it from. It then deleted the file in both folders. I would go to the recycle bin and recover it. I just wonder where some of these files that I did a cut and paste went as they don’t exist in the folder I cut from or the folder I pasted it in. Thanks, Kevin

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Sunday, December 5, 2021 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: moving files from a folder

Hi, Kevin. It's best to use CONTROL plus C to copy the file, then go to the folder, enter it, and use CONTROL plus V to paste the file. These options are available in the context menu. There's no need to use the JAWS Cursor, only the Applications key or SHIFT plus F10.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Sunday, December 5, 2021 6:45 PM
Subject: moving files from a folder

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10 and Jaws2022. I’m moving files from one folder to another through windows explorer. I put the cursor on the file name. Then I use the Jaws cursor and place cursor on the file name. I then press the right mouse key. I get the options to copy, cut and so on. I move to cut and press enter. I then move to the new folder. The folder I want is with in multiple folders. For example there is a main folder. Within that folder is then folder 1. Within that folder is folder 1a. I need to put the file in folder 1a. The file is on the clip board. Once at the folder 1a I paste in. I make sure it is in the folder before moving out of folder 1a. It shows up. I go and do something else and then come back to folder 1a. The file I cut and pasted is not in folder 1a. Also there are times I create a sub folder, it shows up and when I go out and come back it no longer exists. What would be causing this to happen? I check other sub folders and the file is no where.

Thanks,

Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.