moderated Re: moving files from a folder

Glenn / Lenny

Kevin,
The action of moving is not a good idea for more than one file, in fact, in my opinion, not at all.
It is better to copy and paste, and then go back to the other window and if you want to delete them, they should still be highlighted, and you can just press delete.
If something goes wrong during cut and paste, you can lose files.
Cut and past should only be done for moving text in my opinion.
Now for the Jaws cursor,
You would find it better to not use the Jaws cursor, the PC cursor can do what you want, after moving to a file or selecting files, just tap the applications key, or if you don't have one of those, press shift + F10, and arrow down to copy.
Or instead of using the applications key at all, just do control + C.
Then go to the other folder where you want them to be copied, and paste with control + V.
HTH.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2021 8:44 PM
Subject: moving files from a folder

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10 and Jaws2022. I’m moving files from one folder to another through windows explorer. I put the cursor on the file name. Then I use the Jaws cursor and place cursor on the file name. I then press the right mouse key. I get the options to copy, cut and so on. I move to cut and press enter. I then move to the new folder. The folder I want is with in multiple folders. For example there is a main folder. Within that folder is then folder 1. Within that folder is folder 1a. I need to put the file in folder 1a. The file is on the clip board. Once at the folder 1a I paste in. I make sure it is in the folder before moving out of folder 1a. It shows up. I go and do something else and then come back to folder 1a. The file I cut and pasted is not in folder 1a. Also there are times I create a sub folder, it shows up and when I go out and come back it no longer exists. What would be causing this to happen? I check other sub folders and the file is no where.

Thanks,

Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.