moderated Re: fastest way to get host name of browser URL

Ben Moxey

Hey everyone

If you hold Insert and tap A twice quickly, it will display the URL in a Virtual Viewer. You can then copy it etc and simply press Escape to return to where you were on the page.

Cheers

Ben

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Friday, 3 December 2021 5:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: fastest way to get host name of browser url

Clever. Worth noting.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeff Christiansen
Sent: Thursday, December 2, 2021 12:46 PM

I know this is a bit of a work-around but I do the following.

Somewhere on the page I find myself & do not want to move focus from that point but want to know the current address.

I use, Insert+A, to have the address read aloud.

I use, Insert+Spacebar and then H, to open speech history.

I select and copy the address.

I close the speech history window and continue reading where I left and activate links but having the URL on the clipboard until I am ready to use it.

HTH

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 2, 2021 10:07 AM

Mark,

In cases like this, I will often insert a temporary placemarker where I was on the webpage before moving to a different program or going to the address bar.  Hit Control Windows K to put that temporary placemarker.  When you come back from the address bar or another document, just hit the letter k to quickly move to where you left off.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 6:04 PM
Subject: fastest way to get host name of browser url

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

anyone know fast ways to get the hostname from the url field of the browser?  if I move the focus to the url field and read word by word, i lose my spot in the document

KeyCorp Public

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.