moderated Re: DWM Notification Window

Dave Mitchell

Hi Bill,  After a restart as you suggested, that Window does not reappear and the operation seems normal.

If things go sideways, I shall return.  Thanks, Mitch

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 7:51 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: DWM Notification Window

Hi, Dave. The first thing I would do is to do a restart. See if the DWM window is there when you do a restart.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchell
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 6:50 PM

Hi,  My speakers made an alarming squeal for a couple seconds and then I lost speech.  When I restarted, all seems entirely normal although this new Window is still open but I can’t get it to read.

Should I just attempt to close this Window and go about my regular business?

Thanks for the quick response.  Mitch

Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 6:48 PM

Hi, Dave. I think you will be OK, as long as your computer is running normally. Here is what I found on Google regarding DWM Notification Window

What Is Dwm Notification Window In Windows 10

Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) is a composition window manager that displays all of these nice effects in Windows: transparent windows, live taskbar thumbnails, Flip3D and even support for a high-resolution monitor. Instead of applications displaying their ads directly on your screen, they write the image of their window in a specific location in the memory.

Windows then creates a “composite” view of all the windows on the screen before they are sent to your monitor. Because Windows composes and displays the contents of each window, you can add effects such as transparency and window animations when superimposing viewports.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchell
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 5:42 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: DWM Notification Window

sSeasons Greetings:  Is anyone familiar with the subject notification?

It is new to me and showed up after a restart that was necessitated after  losing speech.

I’m no Power User and the little research I did on line prompted me to seek the help  of list members for some advice.

For the moment,  all seems normal with my use of the latest JAWS and current Windows 10.

Thanks very much for any help.  Mitch

The wisest man is he who does not fancy that he is so at all. -Nicolas Boileau-Despr, poet and critic (1 Nov 1636-1711)

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.