moderated Re: DWM Notification Window
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi, Justin and Dave. One setting in Windows which relates to this topic is "How Long Should Notifications Stay Open". This can be accessed either through Control Panel, or through Windows Settings (Windows key plus I).
Change How Long Notifications Stay Open
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Navigate to, and open Ease of Access Center.
3. Navigate to, and open, Use the computer without a display.‑
4. TAB to, and open, How long should Windows notification dialog boxes stay open?
5. Choose a value longer than the default. I chose 30 seconds.
Alternat Way To Change How Long Notification Windows Stay Open
1. Press windows+i.
2. TAB once, arrow to and spacebar on Ease of Access Center.
3. TAB once to display, and press SPACE BAR.
4. TAB (9 times) to Show notifications for Combo box.
5. Arrow to the time desired. I chose 30 seconds.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 6:08 PM
Subject: Re: DWM Notification Window
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Bill White
Hi, Justin. Might you be referring to Windows key plus SHIFT plus V to read notifications that have recently appeared on your screen? If you are speaking of JAWS specifically, you might be referring to JAWS key plus SPACE, followed by N - Read last notification.
There is a key command to read it, but I'd have to look it up.
If you find it before I do, or if someone does please post it.
sSeasons Greetings: Is anyone familiar with the subject notification?
It is new to me and showed up after a restart that was necessitated after losing speech.
I’m no Power User and the little research I did on line prompted me to seek the help of list members for some advice.
For the moment, all seems normal with my use of the latest JAWS and current Windows 10.
Thanks very much for any help. Mitch
The wisest man is he who does not fancy that he is so at all. -Nicolas Boileau-Despr, poet and critic (1 Nov 1636-1711)
Sent from Mail for Windows