moderated Re: [External] Re: quick file conversion question

Mike B.

You can also try, Switch Sound File Converter, by NCH.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Monday, November 29, 2021 12:14 PM
Subject: Re: [External] Re: quick file conversion question

Try Format Factory

Thank You,

Steve Cook, CPM

Assistive Technology Consultant

Newsline Administrator

SC Commission for the Blind

1430 Confederate avenue

Columbia, SC 29201

Office: (803) 898-8788

Cell: (803) 908-3856

1-888-335-5951

www.sccb.state.sc.us

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey via groups.io
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2021 3:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: [External] Re: quick file conversion question

I believe it can be done, but apple’s not gonna make it easy for you to convert the files to an open/accessible format like mp3. Those files are suppsoed to be protected. I’ve seen a couple of pages that show you ways to do this but they all involve some ridiculous steps that seem excessive/time-consuming/overly complicated.

What I would do is either: simplyb urn an udio cd, if you can, or, maybe, play the songs througha nd use a programme to capture the output. Ou could do this with most any digital audio editor. You might lose some quality when converting to mp3, but should be fairly reasonable so long as you use a high bitrate like 320.