From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jason White via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2021 4:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Looking For ElBraille E-mail List And Available Tutorials

On 28/11/21 16:24, Tom Behler wrote:

1.  Is there an ElBraille e-mail list I can subscribe to?  I did a Google search, and found a few possibilities, but am not sure which list is best for the fifth-generation unit.

There may be other lists, but the braille-display-users list would be worth a subscription.

 2.  Does anyone know of good “hands on” ElBraille tutorials?  Once again, I’ve found some ElBraille documentation on the Freedom Scientific web site, but I’m looking for more step-by-step tutorials on setting up the ElBraille, and on the ElBraille’s most important functions.

My understanding is that besides several custom applications written for the ElBraille, it's just a Windows 10 Home system running JAWS as the screen reader. The braille-related sections of the JAWS help topics would be an important reference - especially the various braille keyboard operations for entering JAWS commands and simulating Windows keystrokes.

These are all documented extensively in the JAWS help system.