moderated Re: Looking For ElBraille E-mail List And Available Tutorials

Bill Tessore

Tom, the email group I’m a member of is elbraille@groups.IO. Maybe you can find what you’re after there.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore
billtessore@...

On Nov 28, 2021, at 2:38 PM, Jason White via groups.io <jason@...> wrote:

More specifically, the "Braille In" section of the JAWS Help Topics is important, as is the section on using Focus braille displays with JAWS.

On 28/11/21 16:53, Jason White via groups.io wrote:

On 28/11/21 16:24, Tom Behler wrote:
1.  Is there an ElBraille e-mail list I can subscribe to?  I did a Google search, and found a few possibilities, but am not sure which list is best for the fifth-generation unit.
There may be other lists, but the braille-display-users list would be worth a subscription.

 2.  Does anyone know of good “hands on” ElBraille tutorials?  Once again, I’ve found some ElBraille documentation on the Freedom Scientific web site, but I’m looking for more step-by-step tutorials on setting up the ElBraille, and on the ElBraille’s most important functions.

My understanding is that besides several custom applications written for the ElBraille, it's just a Windows 10 Home system running JAWS as the screen reader. The braille-related sections of the JAWS help topics would be an important reference - especially the various braille keyboard operations for entering JAWS commands and simulating Windows keystrokes.

These are all documented extensively in the JAWS help system.